Tuesday, January 29, 2013

People with Opposing Views

"We learned about each other as people with opposing views, not as opposing people."

I don't plan on posting other people's writing on here much, but this article by the Executive Director of Campus Pride and his relationship with the CEO of Chick Fil A just perfectly reflects my heart towards conflict.  It applies to every divisive issue facing our communities, our churches and our nation.  It is referred to in the article as "the blessing of growth."  And it is something I have been convicted about for the last 18 years or so since someone asked me who I thought Jesus was calling dogs and pigs in Matthew 7:6.  Until that time I had been taught, without exception, that this verse was about discernment.  But the more I spent time thinking about, studying and seeking, the less I agreed with that interpretation.  I suppose it is finally time I blogged about that.  I will.

No comments: