Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Astros as division rivals?!

I am upset about the apparently inevitable move of the Astros to the AL West. Probably for reasons different than most die-hard Astros fans.

I am a Rangers fan first and foremost. But when we moved to Houston, I was excited about being in the town of my favorite NL team. It is great to have a team to root for in each league without it EVER being a problem (save interleague mid-season games and the longshot hopes of a lone-star world series). I feel the same way about football. Remember hoping like crazy for a Cowboys Oilers Superbowl before the baby blues shit the bed against the Bills in '92? I do.

While my NFL allegiances have changed (Texans #1 with Saints being my NFC team), I know many who root for both the Texas teams with one being their favorite. Same with baseball. Now, not only are both Rangers and Astros gonna be in the same league, but the same division. And I don't like it. I guess a lot of people love the Rockets/Mavs/Spurs rivalries, but I would rather hate some out of state team like the Eagles or the Yankess.

That is all.

No comments: