Thursday, January 17, 2013

For Me

I don't blog enough.  Enough for who?  Or is it whom?  Dunno.  Really should care as important as language is to my profession.  But I don't.  Apparently I do.  Because I just looked it up.  Whom.  Objective pronoun...just sounds pretentious.

Enough for me.  Throughout my life I have relished platforms.  But over the last 15 years, I have, by choice, let those platforms slip away.  For a long time I think I felt I had nothing more to say.  But in reality, I just ran out of places to speak.  And yet for the past 5 years or so, this blog has been sitting here collecting dust.

Time to knock the cobwebs off of my mass communication abilities.  Not because people are dying to hear what I have to say, but because I am dying from my own silence.  Abilities unused become curses - the bird in a cage and all that.

That may make me arrogant in your eyes, that I only want to speak if others are (at least possibly) listening.  But speaking to others is my ability, not journaling in a closet.  So a new entry will follow this one.  And hopefully, another after it. And so on.  And if you notice that not to be the case.  Contact me and ask if I have found another platform to exercise my voice or if I have just decided to let it atrophy.  


No comments: